[Fedora-packaging] Requires(hint):

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sun Jun 22 00:59:20 UTC 2008

PD> This looks like a bug. Shouldn't a 'hint' not be installed in the
PD> defaut case?

I think the bug is that the build proceeds at all with Requires(hint)
present.  I'm not sure it's handled any differently than
Requires(randomcrap):.  In fact, testing shows that it isn't.

The point is that our rpm doesn't seem to recognize Requires(hint)
specifically.  It might start doing so in the future; I don't know.
If it does, I expect that the behavior will change because the current
behavior isn't what you would expect if rpm actually recognized the
string in parentheses.  Thus I think it's a bad idea for us to have it
anywhere in the distro currently.

 - J<