[SPAM] Re: [Fedora-packaging] Blocking reviews on to be written guidelines?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Mar 3 15:31:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 09:40:06AM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I find blocking packages waiting for guidelines counter productive, both in
> general and esp. because often first more experience is needed to write
> definitive guidelines.

It depends on the package. Some packagers just want to have their
package in fedora and don't care much about quality. Those kind of
submissions should be blocked before there are established guidelines.

But packages submitted by packagers willing to improve java in fedora,
and not only to have their package accepted should indeed be used to
flesh out the guidelines.

--
Pat