[Fedora-packaging] FESCo notes on OCaml guidelines change

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Fri Mar 14 00:34:38 UTC 2008

TC> Either way, I don't think it prevents these updates from going in,
TC> and should be handled as a separate issue.

I agree, and you'll note that I believe that he was convinced that
this wasn't a new issue with the guidelines changes. (Hence the change
to +0 at the end of the log.)

Of course, we should still try to address the issue.  Is there
actually a demonstrable problem here?  What can go wrong without some
arch-specific dependencies on the main ocaml package?  Can you have
just the 32-bit ocaml installed on a 64-bit machine and install a
64-bit module without rpm/yum complaining about dependency problems or
pulling in the 64-bit ocaml package?  (No 64-bit machine I can afford
to screw with at the moment.)

 - J<