[Fedora-packaging] Drafts for next Tuesday

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Mar 20 07:38:52 UTC 2008

Le jeudi 20 mars 2008 à 04:52 +0100, Ralf Corsepius a écrit :
> On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 18:33 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

> > ASCII Naming Guidelines (spot) :
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/ASCIINaming
>
> IMO, this proposal is not strict enough.
>
> 1. I think, we need to restrict package names to
> a-z, A-Z, 0-9, -, _

If FPC goes that way I'll ask for a-z O-9 - only. Casing breaks on
Windows mirrors and FAT USB sticks and this kind of incompatibity has
been one of the main arguments for writing this guideline. And there's
no need for _ when you have - and are asking people to rewrite names
anyway.

--
Nicolas Mailhot