[Fedora-packaging] Drafts for next Tuesday

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Tue Mar 25 12:27:19 UTC 2008

On Wednesday, 19 March 2008 at 23:33, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> This goes out specifically to the Fedora Packaging Committee Members,
> but is certainly open for comments from all.
>
> We've got a lot of drafts that are queued up for next Tuesday's meeting,
> so it would be very helpful if you read them all well in advance:
>
> As always, this list is pulled from
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/GuidelinesTodo (which embeds the
> table from http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/DraftsTodo ):
>
> ASCII Naming Guidelines (spot) :
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/ASCIINaming
> Perl Guidelines (spot) :
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Perl

Both look fine.

> Eclipse Plugin Guidelines (spot) :
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/EclipsePlugins

The build commands (java calls) look horribly complicated.
I'm quite convinced these should be made into rpm macros.

> OpenOffice.org extensions guidelines (Caolan McNamara) :
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/OpenOffice.orgExtensions

Looks fine.

> Secure BuildRoot (Lubomir Kundrak) :
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/SecureBuildRoot

As discussed in this thread, I think this should be embedded into
%install and %clean and the Buildroot: tag should just go away.

> Register VirtualProvides (Patrice Dumas) :
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/ProvidesList

OK.

> SysV-style Initscript Guidelines (spot) :
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/SysVInitScript

Complicated, but I guess OK.

> I don't have the Java Guidelines draft on the list yet, but I hope that
> it will be ready by next Tuesday:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Java

Not ready, I guess?

> Next Tuesday will undoubtedly be a longer meeting than normal, so please
> be prepared.

I can't promise anything, but I might be able to whip up some patches
for those macros I mentioned above in a few days.

Regards,
R.

--
Fedora contributor http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DominikMierzejewski