[Fedora-packaging] Java packaging guidelines draft

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Tue Mar 25 20:36:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

A whole bunch of people helped write the Java packaging guidelines draft
currently on the wiki:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Java

All of the questions and comments and TODOs that were on the page have
been taken care of.  I'm sure there are going to be questions and
complaints, but we now feel it's in a state worthy of first draft
presentation.

I've added it to the agenda for the next FPC meeting, but discussion
before then may help get issues dealt with.

Note that we've moved the section on Java webapps to a separate page as
we (myself and Tom Fitzsimmons) feel it is too involved of a section to
include in the Java guidelines themselves.  Some also feel it should be
considered in light of general guidelines for web applications.  It's
been moved here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/JavaWebApps

Thanks go to Tom Fitzsimmons, Matt Wringe, David Walluck, Permaine
Cheung, Deepak Bhole, Lillian Angel, Nicolas Mailhot, Ville Skyttä,
Jason Tibbets, Lubomir Kundrak, Hans de Goede, Colin Walters, Fernando
Nasser, Gary Benson, Andrew Haley, and others who I'm forgetting.

Andrew