[Fedora-packaging] Java packaging guidelines draft

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Mar 25 22:24:45 UTC 2008

NM> I don't see what changed since the discussion on
NM> JPackageNaming

Actually a whole pile of stuff has changed then.

One of the action items from the conference call I attended recently
was that Fernando would actually document the reasons why we needed
(and, perhaps, still need) the jpp tag.  If for no other reason than
we'll actually know.  One reason that I recall heading during the
conference was the need to be able to easily query for all of the java
packages on the system in some manner, and we have better query tools
now (along with packagekit to abstract this kind of thing).  Perhaps
someone else who was on that call (Jesse?) can say whether I'm
misremembering.

But it's certainly a reasonable time to revisit the issue, although
it's going to be tough to discuss much without that documentation
about the reasons for the tag.

 - J<