[Fedora-packaging] Re: Java packaging guidelines draft

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Mar 26 15:57:44 UTC 2008

Le Mer 26 mars 2008 16:41, Jesse Keating a écrit :
> On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 16:31 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
>> Sure
>>
>> http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Policies/Java/JPackage/skel.spec
>> http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Policies/Java/JPackage
>
> Gee, seems like they're trying to solve all the same problems with
> jpackage that we are.  I'm sensing a trend...
>
> While overuse of macros may at times be ugly, those usages seem to be
> common desire both in Fedora and Mandirva to deal with jpackage
> packages.
>
> If all the distros are making guidelines to cope with the
> shortcommings
> of jpackage packages, why can't we just fix the jpackage packages?

Because all the distro guideline guys want to work inside their own
personal guideline committee instead of meeting each other at the
project level where they have less control. Which can't work as long
as the project is shared.

If you want it to work either have everyone involved CC the messages
to the jpackage-discuss mailing list or delegate someone from FPC to
work there.

--
Nicolas Mailhot