[Fedora-packaging] Java packaging guidelines draft

Mary Ellen Foster foster at in.tum.de
Thu Mar 27 20:09:52 UTC 2008

On 27/03/2008, Deepak Bhole <dbhole at redhat.com> wrote:
>  With the way the naming is right now, users can enable a JPackage
>  repository beside a Fedora repo, and are guaranteed to get the latest
>  either from Fedora or JPackage, whichever is newer. Without the jpp in
>  the release tag, this compatibility is broken. And it goes beyond the
>  packages themselves -- it also affects dependent packages,

Is that actually true these days? I gave up on trying to use JPackage
and Fedora together a while ago because there were incompatibilities
that neither side seemed to be falling over themselves to fix.

Not that this is an argument for not allowing this again the future,
of course, and possibly it does work again even now.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
Informatik 6: Robotics and Embedded Systems, Technische Universität München