[Fedora-packaging] Requires(missingok)

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Sun Mar 2 22:35:39 UTC 2008

I saw a review ticket for a package which uses Requires(missingok):
which I have not seen before.  Some searching turned up the kismet and
python-docutils which currently use this idiom.

What is this actually supposed to do?  I can understand what
Requires(hint) might do, but Requires(missingok) sounds more like it
wouldn't actually do anything if the dependency is not present, which
would make me wonder as to the point of having it at all.

Do we want Requires(missingok) in Fedora packages?

 - J<