[Fedora-packaging] Drafts for next Tuesday

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Mar 20 07:31:13 UTC 2008

Le jeudi 20 mars 2008 à 04:52 +0100, Ralf Corsepius a écrit :

> 2. I do not agree to the "When Upstream Naming is outside ..." section.
>
> This section is unnecessarily/avoidable adding confusion for
> maintainers. Non-ASCII names have always been banned rsp. technically
> impossible ever since Linux exists => this is a non-issue.

That's blatantly false. They've not been "banned", otherwise the
document would not be written today, and they've not been "impossible".
What changed is that the 8-bits encoding that passed through before are
being replaced by an encoding that lifts all the translating/regional
incompatibility problems and adds some technical requirements that could
be taken care of.

--
Nicolas Mailhot