[Fedora-packaging] Drafts for next Tuesday

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Mar 20 19:20:52 UTC 2008

> Tom spot Callaway (tcallawa at redhat.com) said:
> > InitDir location (spot) :
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/InitDir
>
> Should this just be merged into the later draft?

Yes, and it is now merged into that draft. :)

> 1) I'm of the opinion that LSB headers should be optional. There is no
> requirement in the LSB for any system scripts to be LSB compliant, and
> it can cause issues with ordering.

Indeed, I agree with this. I've amended the draft to make it very clear
that LSB headers are optional.

> This is incorrect.

(lots of good text snipped)

Thanks for the correction. I've fixed the mistakes and added a section
which is essentially your explanation on how LSB Provides work in
Fedora.

> 3) Standardizing on try-restart when we have generally accepted use of
> 'condrestart' seems problematic.

Agreed. Its now all condrestart.

Thanks for taking the time to review this,

~spot