[Fedora-packaging] Drafts for next Tuesday

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Mar 23 20:08:08 UTC 2008

On Sunday 23 March 2008, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le dimanche 23 mars 2008 à 17:48 +0200, Ville Skyttä a écrit :
> > Forgot to note that for the record, like I've always been, I'd still be
> > all for going all lowercase, but I fear trying to push this could create
> > a fuss which would endanger passing of the whole draft.
>
> So you advocate bowing to a group of people that raised a fuss,

Personally, I'm surprised that the the thing in question is something that
even needs much discussion, and further I don't think people advocating
sticking with a subset of ASCII are necessarily the fussier side in this
debate.

> and not
> doing what you think is the right thing because others people may raise
> a fuss? Where is the engineering in that?

It's called incremental engineering.  I'd rather get a subset of possible
improvements in smaller digestible chunks than none at all.

> Or should we dispense with the
> whole FPC thing and just do online polls?

I believe that way we'd get more folks' opinions voiced and counted which is
good, but would also practically be left without the work the FPC does when
working with drafts after they're submitted and before they're voted on which
is a bigger drawback than using polls would be good for.