[Fedora-packaging] Re: Java packaging guidelines draft

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Mar 26 11:29:31 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-26 at 11:28 +0100, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> JPackage is a cross-distribution neutral ground. So its guidelines can
> not be approved only at the Fedora level without alienating non-Fedora
> JPP contributors. JPackage Fedora members can propose Fedora-oriented
> changes, and those changes can be then adopted as-is by the project
> (if other JPP players have no objection), but I don't think something
> Fedora-branded, Fedora-hosted, and with only FPC or FESCO control is
> going to fly.

Ok, I can see where that's coming from, but at this time, what are the
guideline differences?  Surely the "JPP" guidelines could just be a set
of temporary exceptions from the Fedora guidelines until such time as
they get rolled into the Fedora guidelines?  JPackage wouldn't be the
only ones making use of Fedora as an upstream for guidelines.  I do
believe multiple other distros are using our licensing guidelines either
directly or as a cut/paste job.

--
Jesse Keating