[Fedora-packaging] Java packaging guidelines draft

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed Mar 26 19:48:07 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 25 March 2008, Andrew Overholt wrote:

> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Java
>
> All of the questions and comments and TODOs that were on the page have
> been taken care of.  I'm sure there are going to be questions and
> complaints, but we now feel it's in a state worthy of first draft
> presentation.

I'd like to draw some attention to my question about why to install the
versioned jars.  Nicolas is trying to help me understand, but I'm either
correct in that they should just be dropped or too dumb so far to get it (in
which case I think it needs a real explanation in the guidelines):

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-March/msg02346.html