[Fedora-packaging] Policy question: how tight should cross-subpackage Requires be?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon May 5 19:13:27 UTC 2008

Le Lun 5 mai 2008 18:40, Tom Lane a écrit :

> Given a single SRPM generating multiple sub-RPMs, some of which depend
> on each other, how hard should the maintainer try to ensure that
> matching versions of the sub-RPMs are installed?

If you fear that mismatched subpackages may not work well together,
I'd have them all conflict with versions < exact same build. What
you're trying to describe is a conflict. Any sane repository will
always have subpackages at the same build level, and not self-conflict
(that's the main reason we ask people to avoid conflicts today; it
wouldn't apply in your case).

--
Nicolas Mailhot