[Fedora-packaging] Packaging Javadocs for subpackages

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Sun Nov 30 12:29:59 UTC 2008

On Sunday, 30 November 2008 at 01:42, Brennan Ashton wrote:
> I have been trying to package a java package called:
> jeuclid
>  that has these subpackages:
> jeuclid-mathviewer
> jeuclid-fop
> feuclid-cli
>
> Do I create
> jeuclid-javadocs
> jeuclid-mathviewer-javadocs
> jeuclid-fop-javadocs
> feuclid-cli-javadocs
>
> or just
> jeuclid-javadocs

I'd say it depends on their relative size. If the individual packages are small,
it makes sense to bundle them into one bigger package. If they're about the same
size as the software packages they document, then I'd split them.

The Packaging Guidelines leave that to your discretion, so just use your
common sense.

Regards,
R.

"Faith manages."