[Fedora-packaging] Vim compile options in Fedora

Timandahaf timandahaf at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 22:40:20 UTC 2008

Hello,

In the past few versions of Fedora, the Vim package (for instance,
vim-enhanced 2:7.1.291-1.fc9) is compiled with the "clientserver" option
turned off. So each time I upgrade, I'm forced to get the rpm source and
recompile vim with this option turned on.

I don't know the rationale for this, because this is a very useful
option, and turning it on doesn't really come at any cost as far as I
know. I suspect this option would be useful for a wider range of users
too.

(For more info, simply start up vim by typing "vim" and use the
":version" command. It lists the features vim was compiled with.)

My question is, how do I go about placing a request to have this feature
turned on?

(I apologize in advance if this is not the appropriate list to ask this
question.)

Thanks in advance!