[Fedora-packaging] Procedure for renaming a package?

Timothy Selivanow timothy.selivanow at virtualxistenz.com
Wed Oct 1 23:59:24 UTC 2008

Since I have to do some updates to my (only, <sigh>) package, I'd also
like to take the opportunity to change its name to something that fits
the python naming guidelines better.  Currently it is called 'pysvn',
and I'd like to change it to 'python-pysvn'.

Is there a special procedure for that, e.g. fill out some forms in
triplicate, mail them to some P.O. Box in Indiana, wait 3-6 weeks,
promise my unborn first child to a suspicious gnome-like old man, etc...

Or is it just request the new package, and put in the obsoletes and
virtual provides in the new spec?

Thanks.