[Fedora-packaging] package review template

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Oct 3 14:02:03 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 12:49:17PM +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> Oh, how I hate such vague accusations. Ralf! Please tell us exactly who
> you're referring to and what *exactly* makes you think they have no clue.

I have the same feeling than Ralf, some reviewer just do superficial
reviewing without really looking at the relevant details. I won't tell
names. I also think that it was much less the case in the past, say,
roughly in the extras days.

That being said, this is not really relevant to the issue here, I mean,
template or not this issue will remain. And I think that I was in the
category of the people who 'have no clue' when I did my first
packages...

Maybe the sponsor should look over sponsoree shoulder for some time
until the packager is knowledgable enough about packaging that he can
do reviews with an understanding of what he is doing, and not applying
some cookbook recipes (like look at rpmlint and it's done).

This is not an easy issue, though, especially since many veteran
packagers from the beginning of fedora extras don't seem to show a lot
of activity these days in the reviews.

--
Pat