[Fedora-packaging] The role of %{_libexecdir} for using environment-modules

Jussi Lehtola jussi.lehtola at iki.fi
Wed Oct 8 19:29:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-08 at 11:59 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> I'm not sure whether environment-modules only handles executables or if
> it also handles libraries, datafiles, etc, though.  So I don't know
> whether that's the best place for an environment-modules directory to
> live.  Ed, do you have a comment on whether this is a good or bad idea
> for use of environment-modules?

It handles anything you otherwise can handle. With a module you can
define all sorts of environment variables, such as PATH,
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, MANPATH and so on.

Just as long as a program has been written to be relocatable you can put
it anywhere you like with environment-modules.
Jussi Lehtola, FM, Tohtorikoulutettava
Fysiikan laitos, Helsingin Yliopisto
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi, p. 191 50623
Mr. Jussi Lehtola, M. Sc., Doctoral Student
Department of Physics, University of Helsinki, Finland
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi