[Fedora-packaging] how to include rpm-specific files in the spec

Hubert Plociniczak hubert at lshift.net
Fri Oct 10 12:49:59 UTC 2008

Hello,

I couldn't find answer to my question on any guidelines page, so I am
going to ask the question on the list.

The problem I have is that we have a rpm package (obviously) that uses
some general tarball of the product as a source. Additionally we have
rpm-specific files like .spec, init.d script, README, other scripts etc.
Now the question is how should we include them in the package.
I see two options:
1) include them as another source in the spec, so we will have two
source tarballs
2) include rpm-specific files as a patch

Are there any others?
Now, under debian, the debian-specific files are included in diff.tar.gz
so I was wondering if under rpm the recommended way is option 2.

Thanks for help.

Hubert

--
 [][][] Hubert Plociniczak