[Fedora-packaging] package review template

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Oct 3 08:03:18 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 12:35:38AM -0400, Jens Petersen wrote:
> Hi Packagers,
>
> A lot of package reviewers already seem to have their own templates for doing package reviews, which is fine and well.  I was thinking that this could benefit more reviewers, specially those who review less frequently or are newer to reviewing, if a link to a reference review template was added to Packaging/ReviewGuidelines that anyone could make use of.
>
> I could attach mine, which is just a trimmed version of the must and should items on the above page with "[]" checkboxes but maybe some of the top reviewer may have something better or more polished.  Anyway if noone else wants to "throw the first stone" I could open a draft wiki page where we can flesh it out.

I don't think we need that. If you have items that are not on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/ReviewGuidelines
they could be added, but I don't think that a template would be more
useful than the existing list, indeed it is up to the reviewer to pick
what he thinks is important. Put it otherwise, growing his own list
based on this page is, in my opinion, an important step in becoming
reviewer, and a preexisting template could only hurt since the reviewer
wouldn't make the effort to appropriate the guidelines.

--
Pat