[Fedora-packaging] README.Dist is preferrable to README.Fedora

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Oct 25 14:22:01 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 11:11:31PM +0900, Mamoru Tasaka wrote:
> Patrice Dumas wrote, at 10/25/2008 10:47 PM +9:00:
>> Hello,
>>
>> In
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Summary_and_description
>>
>> I suggest changing README.Fedora to README.Dist, see for an
>> argumentation:
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Packaging_Tricks#Avoiding_using_fedora_or_redhat
>>

> But README.fedora may be _really_ Fedora specific issue
> (e.g. for better performance another files are needed but packaging
> them altogether cannot be done due to Fedora policy, as you and I wrote
> on xtide-common package)

These are not really fedora specific. If I was to review xtide I would
have insisted on this file being called xtide-README.dist. For example
it is also true for EPEL. And it is also certainly true for any
free software distribution. So I think that this is a bug in xtide.

Would you accept patches to correct this?

--
Pat