[Fedora-packaging] Question about how libgcj-devel requires zlib

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Sep 22 16:33:16 UTC 2008

While playing with custom repos I noticed that libgcj-devel requires a
file from zlib-devel that isn't explicitly provided. In a mixed x86_86 / i386
environmentment this requires looking at the file lists to see that
libgcj-devel-4.3.2-4.i386 needs zlib-1.2.3-18.fc9.i386 and that
zlib-1.2.3-18.fc9.x86_64 isn't good enough.

I am not sure if this is actually a bug though and if so, which package
is at fault. I was hoping to get some guidance here on whether or not
this is something I should bugzilla.