[Fedora-packaging] mass-filed --excludedocs bugs

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Aug 6 15:45:22 UTC 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009, Tom Lane wrote:

> Personally I think that 2>/dev/null is just too dangerous, and some sort
> of scripted check is the way to go.  Is there any other way for a
> specfile to know whether it's been installed with excludedocs?
> I'm imagining
> 	%if !excludedocs
> 		.. run install-info ..
> 	%endif
> which hopefully would be cheap enough to answer spot's concern.

excludedocs isn't the only thing that should be addressed.  There's also at
least read-only (%_netsharedpath) /usr/share, and --excludepath.

Personally, I'd prefer the status quo to be kept (or add 2>/dev/null if people
insist) unless someone writes a script or a macro that takes care of all
needed cases, it gets messy otherwise in a lot of specfiles.  Or even better
if there would be a way to accomplish this stuff some way automatically
without having to do anything in scriptlets.