[Fedora-packaging] mass-filed --excludedocs bugs

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 16:52:02 UTC 2009

On 08/06/2009 08:55 AM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> Maybe it is time to reevaluate some of these very old, not fully
> supported, obscure install modifications like install_lang,
> netsharedpath,  exclude-docs.
>
> Who is actually using these, and how ?

I was using install_lang on all of my personal computers until recently.
 This was due to size constraints on laptop hard drives.

Four years ago or so I was using install_lang and exclude-docs when
building specific-purpose livemedia.  We were using disk-on-modules and
we were able to use Fedora as the basis with docs and lang files excluded.

I know that enrico is a big user of netsharedpath but I'll let him speak
up with his use cases.

-Toshio