[Fedora-packaging] mass-filed --excludedocs bugs

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Aug 6 19:07:20 UTC 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Ville Skyttä (ville.skytta at iki.fi) said:
> > excludedocs isn't the only thing that should be addressed.  There's also
> > at least read-only (%_netsharedpath) /usr/share, and --excludepath.
>
> If you change %_netsharedpath and/or --excludepath, you get to keep
> all the pieces, much like if you do forced relocation. Those aren't
> supportable, generally.

I don't see why %_netsharedpath wouldn't be supportable, pretty much all it
takes from the packager is to not expect that writes from scriptlets will
always succeed (in the sense that the scriptlet won't end up terminating the
transaction).  I don't personally care about that or --excludepath much at all
but others have repeatedly indicated they do at least about the former.

I do however use excludedocs in various space constrained setups, and
%install_langs in all my setups.