[Fedora-packaging] mass-filed --excludedocs bugs

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Aug 9 09:40:24 UTC 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009, Bill Nottingham wrote:

> For %_netsharedpath, it could be any portion of the package that
> could change to be unwritable out from under the package. If it's
> /usr/lib, should it be OK if ldconfig fails? If it's /etc/init.d,
> is it OK if chkconfig fails?

All I'm saying is packagers should just not assume that scriptlets will always
succeed and that'll provide the basic catch-all level of support for scenarios
such as the above (which I think is enough), and many others such as things
discussed in this thread.  We already have that documented, see the scriptlet
exit status discussion at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#Syntax

But as said, I'm not personally interested in %_netsharedpath except to some
theoretical extent, so... meh.

Aside, I do think it should be evaluated whether rpm's current default
behavior regarding scriptlet exit statuses is really what we want, or if it
should be flipped so that the effects on the transaction non-zero exit
statuses currently have (which I believe is rarely if ever desirable) would
need to be explicitly invoked in scriptlets some way.