[Fedora-packaging] Package rename procedure

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 11:08:44 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I've been looking through the package guidelines for a admin procedure
to rename packages and I've not managed to find anything concrete. I
found the bit about provides/obsoletes in the spec itself [1] and I
found the cvs admin procedure for changes to existing packages but I'm
not sure that this relates to an actual rename. Is it as simple as
just updating the review request like the other cvs changes for a
package or is there a procedure that I've not managed to find in the
wiki? I've also checked the drafts to see if there's anything upcoming
but found nothing.

Cheers,
Peter

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:NamingGuidelines#Renaming.2Freplacing_existing_packages