[Fedora-packaging] Minor correction to the approved MPI draft

Jussi Lehtola jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org
Fri Aug 14 19:53:52 UTC 2009

Hi,

I just corrected the wording on the MPI Guideline from
 "NO library configuration (in /etc/ld.so.conf.d) MUST be made"
 "library configuration (in /etc/ld.so.conf.d) MUST NOT be made"
which is clearer and has the same meaning (it was in the FESCo
discussion [1]). I hope that this updated version can be moved to the
Packaging Guidelines along with the other guidelines approved today.

[1]
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2009-08-14/fedora-meeting.2009-08-14-17.01.log.html#l-81
17:20:21 <jds2001> #topic FPC Items
17:20:26 <jds2001> .fesco 241
17:20:29 <jds2001> MPI?
17:20:42 <jds2001> There was something on the page that was confusing to
me, let me find it.
17:21:24 <jds2001> ahh - Each MPI build of shared libraries SHOULD have
a separate -libs subpackage for the libraries (e.g. foo-mpich2-libs). As
in the case of MPI compilers, NO library configuration
(in /etc/ld.so.conf.d) MUST be made.
17:21:25 <nirik> +1 here for MPI. It makes sense to me...
17:21:59 <jds2001> that seems to be as "library configuration
in /etc/ld.so.conf.d MUST NOT be made"
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor