[Fedora-packaging] bringing back to life a package (drivel)

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 16:25:18 UTC 2009

On 08/29/2009 12:05 PM, Andrey A.Kolov wrote:
> Hi, Paul,
>
> Thank you for your support. Generally, I have a lot of stupid
> rookie-type questions that probably are covered somewhere in
> documentation, but there are many things to learn and I do not know what
> to start with.
>
> I wonder if my questions need to be posted in mailing list. Shall we
> continue in public or it is OK for direct mails ?

There are many people on #fedora-devel who would be willing to help you
update the package and coach you through the process.  I think the
package has been retired for long enough that you'll need to do a new
package review for it.  That will be an opportunity to get some coaching
on what happens to it as well.

You probably want to read the wiki pages having to do with package
reviews and try to apply them to the updated drivel.  Then (either when
stuck or wanting some feedback), you can ask on #fedora-devel for some help.

Overview of the package review process:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_Review_Process

Packaging Guidelines, all packages should comply with these
requirements: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines

More of a summary format for the guidelines:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ReviewGuidelines

-Toshio