[Fedora-packaging] New to the packaging list

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Tue Dec 8 02:47:44 UTC 2009

On Mon 7 December 2009 6:11:39 pm rootoutcast at hushmail.com wrote:
> I I am trying to right a .spec file for checkinstall I'm following
> the directions on
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CreatingPackageHow
>
> I run  rpmbuild -ba checkinstall.spec  and get
>
> RPM build errors:
>     File /home/makerpm/rpmbuild/SOURCES is smaller than 13 bytes
>     Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.4SyjIO (%prep)
>
> my spec file is below
>
> Name: checkinstall
> Version: 1.6.1
> Release: 1%{?dist}
> directory
>
> Group: Development/System
> License: GPLv2
> Source0: http://www.asic-
> linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/files/source/checkinstall-1.6.1.tgz/

Hi,

Try removing the forward slash at the end of that line..

--
Ryan Rix
Fedora KDE SIG Member, Phoenix AZ Ambassador, News KDE Beat writer

New Mail address: phrkonaleash at gmail.com -> ry at n.rix.si !!
http://hackersramblings.wordpress.com | http://identi.ca/phrkonaleash
XMPP: phrkonaleash at gmail.com          | MSN: phrkonaleash at yahoo.com
AIM:  phrkonaleash                    | Yahoo: phrkonaleash
IRC:  PhrkOnLsh at irc.freenode.net/#srcedit,#plugaz,#fedora-kde and
      countless other FOSS channels.