[Fedora-packaging] Re: Suggested ScriptletSnippets (icon cache) changes

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 22:19:01 UTC 2009

Ville Skyttä wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So I gather as the result of this discussion would be:
>
> ----
> %post
> touch --no-create %{_datadir}/icons/hicolor &>/dev/null || :
>
> %postun
> if [ $1 -eq 0 ] ; then
>     touch --no-create %{_datadir}/icons/hicolor &>/dev/null
>     gtk-update-icon-cache %{_datadir}/icons/hicolor &>/dev/null || :
> fi
>
> %posttrans
> gtk-update-icon-cache %{_datadir}/icons/hicolor &>/dev/null || :
> ----
>
> Initial install and upgrades are handled by %post and %posttrans, final erase
> by %postun.  Anything more to tweak?  If not, is this discussion (see also 1)
> in my initial mail [0]) and summary enough for the FPC so you can look into
> it in a near future meeting?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Icon_Cache

Does that look good?

Couple questions, in the %postun, there's no || : for the touch.  Is
that intentional?  (If not, please change it for me :-)

If %posttrans should prove controversial (I don't see a problem but if
it is) is including the gtk-update-icon-cache call in %post in its
modified state acceptable to the proposal as a whole?

-Toshio