[Fedora-packaging] Re: Suggested ScriptletSnippets (=?iso-8859-1?q?icon=09cache?=) changes

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Feb 22 20:15:07 UTC 2009

On Sunday 22 February 2009, Enrico Scholz wrote:

> I really do not
> understand why you want to handle only 9x% although it would be
> trivial to make things race free and to catch the whole 100%.

The keyword is feasibility, and reasons were already included in my previous
reply.  I believe you'll find it less than trivial to come up with an
implementation that is _really_ race free and _really_ catches 100%, that's
where feasibility thoughts kick in.

Anyway, it doesn't make much sense to continue this discussion since you
haven't answered the first question (about real world problem you're trying
to solve) and instead seem to be replying to/finding things to
nitpick/disagree on even in messages whose bottom line pretty much agree with
what you suggested (about %postun possibly being droppable).