[Fedora-packaging] Packaging clarification regarding bash-completion scripts

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Feb 23 16:39:33 UTC 2009

On Monday 23 February 2009, Michel Salim wrote:
> One of my package, bti, now ships a bash-completion script, which
> needs to be installed in /etc/bash_completion.d/ . It seems that the
> expectation is that installing bash-completion should automagically
> enable all applications that provide completion scripts, and so
> existing packages should own /etc/bash_completion.d (rather than
> depending on it).

FYI, apart from some general common sense packaging guidelines, I wouldn't
invest too much time into this at the moment.  We're working on some changes
to the bash completion dir structure and probably the mechanism with which
individual completions are enabled upstream, it'll hopefully be included in
not too distant future releases.