[Fedora-packaging] Stupid question

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Mon Feb 2 06:11:37 UTC 2009

Hey there,

I've taken over the ruby package, which basically is the first
core-component piece of software on my relatively small list of packages.

Attached is a patch that was in ruby-1.8.6, and that I rebased to
ruby-1.8.7. Since it's a really simple patch, I wonder why it's not
upstream.

I'm not sure what this fixes, in that ruby will build without the patch
as well. I've searched through the logs to see if there's some kind of
warning related to socket.c, but there is none from what I can tell.

I'd love to learn what this patch does and then try and get upstream to
accept it (so that I have less work to do). Can someone on this list
help me with this?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen