[Fedora-packaging] Re: I wish to package some CC licensed content ...

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 20 19:14:17 UTC 2009

steveATlonetwin wrote:
> b. Version numbers do not make sense for content that is not versioned

...but that content can still change, ergo version numbers are still
important. They just won't mean much in most instances.

> ...but I do want to separate content from code.

I think Bill Nottingham really hit the nail on the head here with why
content should be a separate repo. It's generally unlikely to be tied to
a particular Fedora release, ergo putting it in a version-release repo
would lead to a lot of unnecessary duplication.

--
Matthew
"Sorry. Wrong species." -- Unknown episode of Star Trek: TNG