[Fedora-packaging] Three drafts

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 18:47:26 UTC 2009

I've updated the Explicit Requires draft with feedback from FESCo.  It
makes the guideline only apply to library Requires:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/ExplicitRequires
===

Source URL section that deals with upstream URLs that are not parsable
by rpmbuild:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Troublesome_source_URLs
===

Section to be added to package naming and linked to Conflicts Guidelines
about when upstream has used generic names for a package.

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Common_package_names

Patrice has linked me to a similar section in the Packaging Tricks
section.  if someone would like to merge the rationale from there, that
would be helpful.  Otherwise I'll try to get to it later this week.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Packaging_Tricks#Use_of_common_namespace

-Toshio