[Fedora-packaging] I wish to package some CC licensed content ...

Michel Salim michel.sylvan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 16:59:38 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 4:57 PM, Patrice Dumas <pertusus at free.fr> wrote:
> Other issues arise, what about different languages, different formats?
Good point. Something like

%{_datadir}/contents/books/foo/fr_FR/foo.{pdf,epub}

or

%{_datadir}/contents/books/fr_FR/foo.{pdf,epub}

>> b. Version numbers do not make sense for content that is not versioned
>
> If the author has a versionning scheme that looks ascii ascending lets
> use it. Otherwise I think that the following would work
>
> Version: 0
> Release: 0.X.YYYYMMDD
>
> with YYYY year, MM month and DD day (I'd do the same for a software
> without version, and it is indeed what I used for uread) for the document
> date of publishing, or of access if publishing date is not known.

We'd probably want to encode the book's print edition in either
%{version} or %{release} as well. Given that the release tag is
normally associated with packaging rather than content changes (the
YYYYMMDD is normally for pre-release packages), perhaps the following?

Version:  EDITION.YYYYMMDD
Release: X or 0.X

Regards,

--