[Fedora-packaging] Confused by non-numeric version in release guideline

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jan 13 11:47:55 UTC 2009

This package just numbers their tarballs using the subversion release
number.  For example, 'r8' and 'r11':

  http://code.google.com/p/dlfcn-win32/downloads/list

As far as I'm aware they are not planning on using "real" version
numbers at any time in the future, nor have they used real version
numbers in the past.

I don't understand which if any of these guidelines apply to this
case:

  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines#NonNumericRelease

In particular, what should the Version be?  (And while we're at it,
what should the Release be?)

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v