[Fedora-packaging] Re: PHP Guidelines update proposal

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Mon Jan 26 18:22:34 UTC 2009

Axel Thimm a écrit :

> Is it possible/does it make sense to coinstall php-pear-Foo and
> php-ezc-Foo or are they mutually exclusive?

No.

> Or rephrased, if another package requires Foo, can both serve up? If
> this is the case then we probably need to think about solutions with
> virtual dependencies.

Both provides same goals : a class to manage mail in PHP

But both implementation are really different.
- php-pear-Mail only provide simple "send" methods
- php-ezc-Mail provide (complex) send and receive methods

Of course a projet should use only one.

Remi.