[Fedora-packaging] Use of dos2unix in %prep

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Wed Jan 21 14:22:41 UTC 2009

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, Patrice Dumas wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 04:02:17PM +0200, Panu Matilainen wrote:
>>
>> Take for example man- or info-pages: they get compressed at build time so
>> the time stamps will always be different between different builds, no
>> matter what the timestamp of the original file was. If timestamps caused
>> conflicts, no such file could ever be shared even though the content is
>> identical.
>
> If I remembmer well, in fedora, man pages timestamps are kept, even if
> gzipped.

I don't see any attempt to do time stamp preservation in brp-compress (and
evidence from packages says the same), would be possible of course if
somebody cared enough :) Hmm, would be easy even, as "touch" appears to
have the perfect option for it:

        -r, --reference=FILE
               use this file’s times instead of current time

 	- Panu -