[Fedora-packaging] PHP Guidelines update proposal

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Sun Jan 25 18:51:21 UTC 2009

What I was thinking (in an quite old discussion, during initial PHP
Guidelines writing) is now reality

According to PHP Guidelines, pear extension must be named
	php-pear-<extension>.

That's ok for standard pear.php.net channel.

With non standard channel we can encounter conflicts.

llaumgui is working on submitting ezComponents for review.
	http://ezcomponents.org/

For example, one of the extension is Mail and php-pear-Mail already exists.

My proposal is :
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/PHP

With this proposal, ezComponents will be named
	php-ezc-<extensionname>

Comments ?
Remi.