[Fedora-packaging] Issue with PHP Naming guidelines

Gianluca Sforna giallu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 17:18:13 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Tim Jackson<lists at timj.co.uk> wrote:
> Maybe, but it makes it sound like the library is called "Flickr" rather than
> "phpFlickr". I wouldn't necessarily think that "php-Flickr" is the same
> thing as "phpFlickr". So I'd personally prefer the clumsier but more
> accurate php-phpFlickr.

What about adding an exception for the "add the php- prefix" rule  to
packages that includes "php in their name?

Pyhton has something similar:
If the upstream source has "py" (or "Py") in its name, you can use
that name for the package. So, for example, pygtk is acceptable.

--
Gianluca Sforna

http://morefedora.blogspot.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/gianlucasforna