[Fedora-packaging] MPI and Fortran drafts

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Jul 26 16:19:10 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 03:38:57PM +0300, Jussi Lehtola wrote:
> Hello again,
>

> As I have been dealing with quite a few Fortran packages I have realized
> that the current laissez-faire mentality may not be enough and a
> standard is needed for file placement.
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Fortran

Unless I don't recall well,
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/FortranModulesDir
was accepted as a guideline.

I think that instead of a new guideline, the current should be improved.
More precisely I think that  the placement of .mod files should always be
below %_fmoddir, and putting them right in %_fmoddir or below a subdirectory
should be left to the packager, with a word telling that a subdirectory
should be used if one of the a .mod file installed name is too generic.
That way, .mod files rightly named will be used without adding any flag
while those that can clash (or those that are to be installed in parallel)
can be below a subdirectory.

--
Pat