[Fedora-packaging] need help for a init script

Milos Jakubicek xjakub at fi.muni.cz
Sun Jul 19 11:51:49 UTC 2009

Hi,

On 15.7.2009 16:38, philippe makowski wrote:
>    start)
> 	echo -n "Starting $FULLNAME "
> 	daemon --user=$FBRunUser export FIREBIRD LD_LIBRARY_PATH;echo;
> $MANAGER -pidfile $pidfile -start -forever
> 	RETVAL=$?
> 	[ $RETVAL -eq 0 ]&&  touch /var/lock/subsys/$name
> 	echo
> 	;;
>

> but is seems that the OK come too fast, certainly after the "export"
> not the "$MANAGER -pidfile $pidfile -start -forever"

Yes, you have to quote the argument passed as the command to the
daemon() function, otherwise it is currently interpreted as three
separate commands:

1) daemon --user=$FBRunUser export FIREBIRD LD_LIBRARY_PATH;
2) echo;
3) $MANAGER -pidfile $pidfile -start -forever

...while you probably wanted:

daemon --user=$FBRunUser "export FIREBIRD LD_LIBRARY_PATH;echo;$MANAGER
-pidfile $pidfile -start -forever"

(I also don't really understand the "echo;" part...wouldn't removing the
"-n" parameter from the previous echo call do the same job? Just a side
note...)

Regards,
Milos