[Fedora-packaging] Draft for the use of environment-modules

Milos Jakubicek xjakub at fi.muni.cz
Wed Jul 22 14:10:22 UTC 2009

On 22.7.2009 10:37, Jussi Lehtola wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have worked out a rough draft for the use of environment-modules
> instead of alternatives. Feel free to comment or modify it.
>
> I'd also like to suggest a feature that all MPI compilers/libraries use
> solely environment-modules (no alternatives support). Currently, the
> only MPI compiler in Fedora that still uses alternatives is mpich2.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/EnvironmentModules

+1 for the proposal as well as for the suggestion regarding MPI
compilers. I'm currently working on orsa to use the MPI via
environment-modules, the way OpenMPI is currently packaged is just fine
and it would be great if packages of other MPI implementations would
follow it.

Thanks for writing this up,
Milos