[Fedora-packaging] Draft to prohibit use of #!/usr/bin/env

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Fri Jul 24 05:58:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-22 at 08:44 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

[snip]

> A solution that would meet both upstream and Fedora's usage would be to
> change the build scripts of the packages to substitute the interpreter
> lines in at build time.

This suggestion really goes to the heart of what makes me uncomfortable
with your proposal: it comes down to asking packages to do something
special for Fedora.  And the most compelling reason for this request
appears to be that Fedora's toolchain can't cope.  The philosophical
direction this seems to represent is not one I'd like to see Fedora
take.

--
Braden McDaniel <braden at endoframe.com>