[Fedora-packaging] F-11 to F-12 transition

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Jun 9 17:15:37 UTC 2009

FH> Now this might really be a newbie question but since I haven't
FH> maintained a package that long yet I wonder how the transition now
FH> from F-11 to the future F-12 works.

F-11 branched some time ago, and the current "devel" branch goes to
rawhide.  As the F-12 release date gets closer, you will first have
the option to request an F-12 branch (an announcement will be sent
when this happens) and then, a bit later, all packages will acquire an
F-12 branch (which will be accompanied by an announcement and some
downtime).  This happens much later in the release cycle, though;
nothing will happen for a few months.

 - J<